CBR 600F6 not “fast idling” at start

jamiejbooth

Hi all,

I have a 2007 CBR600F6 and it has recently stopped fast idling on start up. Generally it’ll go up to around 3k until warm and then gradually come down (you know the score). But this week it has struggled to start a couple of times and doesn’t rev up as it should.

Temp gauge still responds as it should and fan kicks in at the required temp. It’s just the idle that’s the issue.

I slid the bike (RH side) in crappy weather earlier in the week and I noticed it the day after.

Where should I be checking? I’ve read that the coolant could be related?

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the forum

I'm not sure how the cold start circuit works but some work off the coolant circuit and if the coolant level drops the choke stops working

So I would check your coolant level

This has an automatic choke I presume ? I'm guessing a sensor has been knocked off by the crash . I'll have a look at some parts diagrams and let you know where it is . I don't think its low coolant because that would probably have the opposite effect.

I don't think its low coolant because that would probably have the opposite effect.

It doesn't trust me

mine runs off the coolant circuit and is prone to an air lock at coolant change if you don't get it out you have no choke!

I don't think its low coolant because that would probably have the opposite effect.

It doesn't trust me

mine runs off the coolant circuit and is prone to an air lock at coolant change if you don't get it out you have no choke!

OK I'll go with that , I was only surmising anyway. I've found the temperature sensor on a parts fiche but it doesn't actually show where it goes. Its somewhere near the thermostat. Part 14

http://i.imgur.com/VO1Cofi.png

mind you maybe that's what controls the fan . Perhaps I should have left this one to the CBR owners. I'll get me coat :oops:

It doesn't trust me

OK I'll go with that , I was only surmising anyway. I've found the temperature sensor on a parts fiche but it doesn't actually show where it goes. Its somewhere near the thermostat. Part 14

It won't work off the temp sensor as [mention]Westbeef[/mention] says above its a wax idle which basically means its like a thermostat in that when the coolant warms it up it opens up which removes the choke

same system here :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oVVbzTvVo