Honda cbr 125 petrol problem

Deano1345

Hi I got a cbr 125 2005 can anyone help with the petrol tap where the vacuum pump for the petrol goes please

You need to provide way more detail than that mate, what kind of help do you need ? Probably a good Idea to put this request in the Pitstop section after having a read of the posting advice.Actually, while you're there there is already a post called CBR 125 possible air leak that covers petrol taps so have a read of that too.

Thanks and Yes I think your right Well iv got the bike running with me sucking on the vacuum to get the petrol to release so I'm just trying to find out where the vacuum line would go on the bike will post a picture if it's any help

On my bike (a Honda CB500) the vacuum take-off point for the vacuum operated fuel tap is on one side of the inlet stub - that is, just before where the fuel/air mixture enters the engine. The vacuum take-off just looks like a little pipe - the rubber host just pops on. There is negative pressure (a 'vacuum') created here by the suck of the engine and the restriction of the carb/air filter/etc.

I still wonder how CBR125 riders deal with having no reserve function . Is there a gauge or warning light ?

Most bikes nowadays haven't got reserve tanks, only 2 of my 6 bikes have reserve tanks, the CBR400RR, and the kawasaki GT550, the rest have just fuel gauge or low fuel warning lights.

I still wonder how CBR125 riders deal with having no reserve function . Is there a gauge or warning light ?

Most bikes nowadays haven't got reserve tanks, only 2 of my 6 bikes have reserve tanks, the CBR400RR, and the kawasaki GT550, the rest have just fuel gauge or low fuel warning lights.

Well that's quite a surprise, I think I'd probably look at fitting a tap with reserve on any bike I purchase in the future provided it was mechanically feasible.

Got the bike started again found the vacuum for it but it wouldn't start unless full rev and and then it would die even if I rev it and wouldn't tick over by it self either a friend has said it might be the cdi so was thinking of replacing it but another friend said it could be the jets In the carb from where the vacuum was knocked of and it started with what fuel was in the carb then died well I did take a little video but it won't let me upload it

Edited by Deano1345

Got the bike started again found the vacuum for it but it would die out on full rev wouldn't start unless full rev either and wouldn't tick over by it self either a friend has said it might be the cdi so was thinking of replacing it but and said it could be the jets In the card from where the vacuum was knocked of and it started with what fuel was in the carbon then died well I did take a little video but it won't let me upload it

Mate, we would love to help but please,read this stuff back to yourself before you post it . Now I hope I'm not offending you but how about taking the thing apart , finding out what it does , fixing it and then putting it back together again. If you do this enough times , one day you will wake up and realise that you have become a motorcycle mechanic.

None taken and am going to if changing cdi don't work. Gonna look into video about cleaning carb aswell as it will start but it's like it's blocked and not getting enough petrol or its getting the wrong signals from the cdi

Has this bike ever been running properly prior to this discovery regarding the vacuum pipe ?

Or have you bought this bike as is and trying to get it running ?

If its the second you may find others have tweaked the carb settings in a vain hope of getting it to run without realising the problem ..

When asking for help give as much information as you can .

What it was like prior

Has it been recently worked on

What is happening

Try not to throw my mate down the pub says its x y z as ifso get them to sort it out .

Most mechanics will always fault find by elimination .

Anyone can google a solution to ... my bike doesn't run right and get 50k plus different responses and still not find the reason .

Yes bike was running fine passed mot in September was running perfectly fine until the other day when I started it up and it wouldn't start unless on choke it started then died and wouldn't start again but you could hear it wanted to but wasn't getting fuel

So I went to get a new fuel tap as I thought that had broke I was shown that it wasn't broke so I got new pipes for the petrol and vacuum and had the bike started with me sucking the vacuum as couldn't find where it would go but bike would die once stopped sucking on it and it wouldn't tic over obviously because of the vacuum not being on

Since then I have found where to put the vacuum but I'm now getting it to start on full revs but dies again can keep it alive if I pin and unpin the throttle so it like its not getting enough fuel

Have you put the pipes on the right way ?

Did you swap the tap over ? If so is it the correct tap for the bike or a generic tap ?

Well the petrol got to be right if it works with me sucking the vacuum but I'm not sure if the vacuum is in right place but was only thing I could see which had no pipe on and was sucking when trying to start and is by the intake manifold and no I have not changed the fuel tap

Have you put the pipes on the right way ?

Did you swap the tap over ? If so is it the correct tap for the bike or a generic tap ?

Well the petrol got to be right if it works with me sucking the vacuum but I'm not sure if the vacuum is in right place but was only thing I could see which had no pipe on and was sucking when trying to start and is by the intake manifold and no I have not changed the fuel tap

That's where the vaccum pipe for the petrol tap goes then.

Spark is fine I replaced it anyway incase it was that before I noticed the vacuum had came off when I just tryed to start it. It stinks of petrol like its flooding the bike and that's on first time of trying to start it

Should petrol come out of the vacuum part of the fuel tap

No , definitely not.

Thanks mate think you've answered my problem as that's what's happening

Well after all that I hope you're not just going to leave it there . A lot of people have tried to guess what's going on with your bike , personally I just reckon the pipes are mixed up. Anyway I for one would like to know what was wrong and wether it's fixed now . Cheers.

Excellent! Glad you got it sorted in the end. Hope you didn't think I was having a go but if you look back at some other threads on here there a quite a few where lots of people have tried to help then it just fizzles out and nobody knows who got it right. Anyway we'll done and thanks . :thumb: