Fuel gauge not showing correct fuel level

Foxy Stoat seeks Pig

I filled up last Thursday and my fuel gauge has only gone down one bar. Now it would be nice if this was a true reflection of my fuel consumption but I know its simply not true. Its a digital gauge and it was fine until the last fill up. Any ideas what could have gone wrong and how I would go about fixing it?

Thanks all.

I have a digital gauge and mine shows full bars until it gets to half full. It then becomes more accurate and goes down one bar at a time until the bars disappear and I got onto reserve. It then counts down from 40 miles.

Have you had your bike long?

Could this be the same as yours?

I have a digital gauge and mine shows full bars until it gets to half full. It then becomes more accurate and goes down one bar at a time until the bars disappear and I got onto reserve. It then counts down from 40 miles.

my 800 is exactly the same. its a rough guide until the last 100 or so miles and then becomes more accurate.

Have you had your bike long?

Could this be the same as yours?

Had it since Sept 2016. Never had an issue before, level always dropped as expected.

could be a sticking level sensor if its the float type

Wouldn't have a clue, will need to do some research.

I usually keep it topped up with fuel so not really a massive problem, more annoying than anything.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-Yamaha-FZ6-600-FAZER-2004-2010-Fuel-Pump-/292434472961?clk_rvr_id=1480435798371&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=twenga&utm_campaign=twenga&utm_param=eyJlcyI6MCwicyI6OTcyMDIzNywiY2kiOiIwM2I4Nzk1MzljYWI1NzlkOWQ1ZDc0YWQzMDdjZDc3YyIsImkiOiIyOTI0MzQ0NzI5NjEiLCJ0cyI6MTUyMjE4MTA5OSwidiI6Mywic28iOjE1MDAsImMiOjE3Nzc4MH0%3D&rmvSB=true

you can see the black float at the end of the fuel pump :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Erm yeah so probably so to fess up :oops: The reason why the 'faulty' gauge was not going down is because I had filled up only two days before hand. Doh!! In my defence, if there is any, I have been very tired, doing overtime, chronic tooth ache, and taking far to many painkillers. I still can't remember filling up but the receipt in my wallet states otherwise.....

Erm yeah so probably so to fess up :oops: The reason why the 'faulty' gauge was not going down is because I had filled up only two days before hand. Doh!! In my defence, if there is any, I have been very tired, doing overtime, chronic tooth ache, and taking far to many painkillers. I still can't remember filling up but the receipt in my wallet states otherwise.....

Paging the Jim Henson Creations team .... one of your subjects is loose .

Paging the Jim Henson Creations team .... one of your subjects is loose .

:D it was a bad week

simple trick

reset the miles every time you fill up and check what mileage you have done against the fuel gauge :lol:

:lol: well thank you for the laugh! probably not even breaking the top 10 d'oh forum moments though (thibk beefy has that locked out)