Lead dangling bike cutting out

SpeedyShane

Hey folks went to ride home from work all excited to get home and as I went to take off bike cut out. It starts every time then after few seconds engine cuts out. Walked miles home then just got a taxi back to her with a torch and tools.

Noticed a hollow rubber lead dangling near rear end got no idea where it goes I'm a total rookie newbie. Any ideas ? Longest I got her running was two minutes. But obviously this lead is for something lol ??? Please help I'm sick of mechanic call outs. Bike is an aprilia rs4 125 2012

Hollow rubber tube is lilely to be justa drain or breather.

You could try blocking th eend to see if it helps.

Running for a few minutes then stopping suggests fuel starvation or overheating.

Has it got plenty of fuel in it?

If the fuel tap is on main tank try turning it to reserve.

If it hasa PRI position try that.

Thanks for reply ian.

Fuel is full topped her up this morning. There does seem to be either oil or fuel. Slowly dripping through lead. Very minutee amounts. I'll give it a go blocking it tmz as for reserve fuel tank wouldn't even know if I have one or how to put it on 😂 Ha. Oh god if ever my dad was around he'd be ashamed. I'd of thought lead would of been for something if blocking it works wouldn't that make it redundant. Cheers pal.

Mine has 3 of the tubes, coolant overflow, fuel overflow and a fuel vent. If it’s dripping fuel it’s probably becuase you filled it a bit too much or spilt a bit, especially as you’ve just filled it up and only just noticed it.

Thanks for reply ian.

Fuel is full topped her up this morning. There does seem to be either oil or fuel. Slowly dripping through lead. Very minutee amounts. I'll give it a go blocking it tmz as for reserve fuel tank wouldn't even know if I have one or how to put it on 😂 Ha. Oh god if ever my dad was around he'd be ashamed. I'd of thought lead would of been for something if blocking it works wouldn't that make it redundant. Cheers pal.

Please don't be offended but do you honestly not know the difference between oil and fuel ?

Fast bob I'm not offended mate. I'm ashamed of myself. Not that it's an excuse I grew up in a house full of women with no vehicles at all 😂 It's all a learning curve. I just wish I could plug this pissing tube back in and get cracking. That bike saves me an hour and half walk before then after work 😞

Fast bob I'm not offended mate. I'm ashamed of myself. Not that it's an excuse I grew up in a house full of women with no vehicles at all 😂 It's all a learning curve. I just wish I could plug this pissing tube back in and get cracking. That bike saves me an hour and half walk before then after work 😞

Oh hang on then , the tube has become detached from something then ? You mean its open at both ends ? I think everyone including me assumed it was a drain tube of some sort and it was meant to be dangling . Best thing to do is post some pictures on here so we can get a better idea what's up. ( Attachments, Add files , select pics , wait for them to load, submit )

Don't those have a vacuum operated fuel valve? If it's the vacuum pipe that's come off that would explain the lack of fuel flow which would cause it to cut out.

This is exactly what I was thinking, the question is which end has become detached ? Pictures would certainly help here .

Ok, bearing in mind that this is pure guesswork based on Bullfrog's theory that the vacuum pipe to the automatic fuel tap has come off , here are some pictures that might help solve the problem. You can see where the tap is located from the picture of the tank . Looking at the tap itself, I would guess that the vacuum pipe goes onto the nozzle in the centre of the circular housing , that's the one with the 90 degree bend in it. If its come off the other end , look for a similar nozzle which is probably on the intake manifold which is the thing that connects the carburetor to the engine.

wp_ss_20180328_0004.thumb.png.332b4045dcc2a86454f8bbc91214a030.png

s-l500.thumb.jpg.1c118244fd54222502ca8bcbdfaeedbb.jpg