Ybr 125 FI cutting out.

Phill

Good morning people.

This morning I went to the bike to go to work, put the ignition on, pressed the button, the bike cranked over for longer than usual and fired up, being warm-ish the automatic choke wasn't on, while I was getting my gloves on the bike stalled all of the sudden. I've tried to restart the engine but the bike would just turn over but starting up after several attempts, when running the bike it coughs as seems to 'miss' some of the sparks even when using the throttle and then it'll die, no error code from the engine light, none that I've noticed.

Petrol pump is whining, so it's working, there is petrol in the tank, oil ok, battery is strong.

Had a look at the spark plug which seems to have better days(pic below). And the ht lead seems not to connect properly with the spark plug and when the bike is working if I fiddle with the lead it'll cut out.

Could be the ht lead/spark plug?

I need to go to work today lol.b85d75c906f2f2f67dff75a10907a002.jpgf05639e7dded8090624f82cc4a750d4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Phill

Yeah just did that, the cap whick goes on the spak plug it's loose on the actual cable and it's moving, i can rotate the cap on the lead. I think it's knackered after 10k miles, I dont think it was changed ever.

Hopefully today i can fix that and i will change the spark plug aswell, if i can find the parts at the local shop.

Changing the spark plug has fixed the problem! The gap of the old spark plug was twice as big as the new one and corroded.

Did you check the gap before fitting the new plug?

should be

Spark plug gap:0.6–0.7 mm (0.024–0.028 in)

Most are OK but best to check. :wink:

The spark plug is pregapped at 0.7mm so it's alright.

Happy days! :)

Bike seems to run better.