need to tighten head bolts

barker

Sure that's not just the torque for the studs in the cases? 8ft-lbs don't sound a lot to me....

Well I'm not sure , this is the engine torque settings page and this is all you get . Surely the cylinder head bolt settings wouldn't be else where in the manual ? Bearing in mind it does say stud bolt rather than stud and nut .

Edited by fastbob

Sure that's not just the torque for the studs in the cases? 8ft-lbs don't sound a lot to me....

Well I'm not sure , this is the engine torque settings page and this is all you get . Surely the cylinder head bolt settings wouldn't be else where in the manual ? Bearing in mind it does stud bolt rather than stud and nut .

Well I am. 8ft-lbs ain't enough for a cylinder head/barrel hold-down unless it's an engine for a model plane. The quoted torque is for the stud, not the nut that goes on it. And another thing - if the OP is too tight to buy a proper manual, then there's no way they will have invested in a torque wrench anyway......just sayin'. :thumb:

Well I'm not sure , this is the engine torque settings page and this is all you get . Surely the cylinder head bolt settings wouldn't be else where in the manual ? Bearing in mind it does stud bolt rather than stud and nut .

Well I am. 8ft-lbs ain't enough for a cylinder head/barrel hold-down unless it's an engine for a model plane. The quoted torque is for the stud, not the nut that goes on it. And another thing - if the OP is too tight to buy a proper manual, then there's no way they will have invested in a torque wrench anyway......just sayin'. :thumb:

Yep , you are quite right, I've just looked in my CG manual and its 16 - 20 ft-lbs so 8ft - lbs is definitely too low . The thing is , the proper manual is available as a free download from various sites but the cylinder head torque settings are difficult to find . Anyway it killed an hour while I was at the dentists. As soon as i stop dribbling I'm off to fit some brake shoes to the ER5. 😁

The thing is , the proper manual is available as a free download from various sites......

2 things to bear in mind:

1. Google is your friend.

2. But not as good a friend as Haynes. 8-)

got a manual but cant find the torque setting s for the rocker carrier bolts

Nor can I but in the Haynes manual for the CG 125 its 16.5 to 20 Ft - lbs . It can't be much different.