Bike bogs in rain but fine in the dry

Deano1345

are you running the standard airbox and filter or an open filter? it may be that water is getting into the air filter? that or its getting under the spark plug cap.

that's what Im thinking anyway. Im sure somebody more knowledgable will be along soon.

Yes it's standard airbox and filter I went out In the rain and it died wouldn't start again i had to take spark plug out get petrol in a syringe and put it in the head the bike started and like I said it runs perfectly in the dry but bogs in the wet

Fender extender to stop it throwing up water all over the engine.

Also, with the HT lead on, apply a layer of silicone grease around the top of the sparkplug/cap/HT wire. Stops water penetrating in.

My SV650 used to frequently become an SV325 when the front cylinder dropped out. The method above stopped it ever happening again.