YBR 125 cutting out while riding.

Phill

Hello there again.

Yesterday on the way home from work the bike developed an interesting symptom of cutting out(loss of power) on my bike like you would roll off the throttle all the way back while i was cruising with 55-60 and the engine light flashed rapidly three or four times in succesion(can't tell exactly) and the power came back, i reckon the power was out for 1 second or so, it happened later on the commute again but it was for a shorter duration like a bump, again at cruising speed, but the engine light didn't flash. While accelerating it's fine and the idle is spot on, it happened only at high revs.

i'm suspecting the side stand kill switch is sticking and the vibration of the engine/bumps/road is setting off the switch? i put the sidestand while in gear stationary and the engine light flashed in similar fashion, 4 fast flashes in a row.

What do you think? Is the kill-switch on it's way out? I dont think it helps riding the bike even in the worst weather! :D

Can wd40 be a temporary fix until i get a replacement?

Checked the bike all over, all the connections/plugs, made sure that they were securely connected, starting from the battery and working my way to every single connection that i could see, all of them were well connected, and then i went for a ride, no issues of losing power. i dont know what was the problem, electrical gremlins? :lol:

i will keep an eye on it.

• 8 months later...

No more electrical gremlins! finally!

It seems to have stopped after the garage fitted my heated grips which were wired to the ignition circuit(and ignition barrel). I reckon there was a loose/imperfect connection in the ignition loom... happy days.