LED Headlight Bulb H4 - YBR 125

Lanceautoman

Bit hard to explain in words, but, I have today received an H4 Led bulb kit to fit to my existing headlamp. The bulbs are 3 sided, like a toblorone. Does anyone one know if the bulb should be fitted with the triangle pointing to the ground or the sky?

I'm thinking about getting LED front lights for my ybr, since the normal lights aren't powerful enough and I can't put 55w/60w car bulbs since it'll melt the plastic reflector... where did you buy them from? How will the electrical system will cope? Do you need modifications?

Might swap the rear light aswell for a led.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Supposedly they are a direct replacement (according to the ones I've seen on eBay).

LED's generally use bugger all power, these do use more but generally no where near conventional bulbs.

I'd line the bike up about 3-5 meters from a wall, and use masking tape to draw a line of the beam pattern. Then keeping the bike in the same position, fit the LED bulb and compare, just turn the bulb around on its base until you get the right pattern (It can never flick up towards the right side of the beam as this will dazzle other road users). Adjust the height with the adjustment screws as normal.

I'm thinking about getting LED front lights for my ybr, since the normal lights aren't powerful enough and I can't put 55w/60w car bulbs since it'll melt the plastic reflector... where did you buy them from? How will the electrical system will cope? Do you need modifications?

Might swap the rear light aswell for a led.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I did have this installed: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Osram-HS1-Night-Racer-90-Motorbike-Headlight-Bulb-90-Brighter-64185NR9-01B-/352052517738?clk_rvr_id=1502418937181&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=twenga&utm_campaign=twenga&utm_param=eyJlcyI6MCwicyI6OTcyMDIzNywiY2kiOiIwM2UzNmQwOGQ0NjM0ZmQ0ZGQ5MDk5Yzk2NzNjM2YxYyIsImkiOiIzNTIwNTI1MTc3MzgiLCJ0cyI6MTUyMzk3NTU1MSwidiI6Mywic28iOjE1MDAsImMiOjE3NDA2MH0%3D&rmvSB=true

Much brighter than standard. No modification required. The reason i have changed is that i have recently fitted heated grips and ive replaced almost all bulbs on the bike with LEDs so the alternator / battery do not burn out.

Not a bad idea to keep the electrical system at the same balance as it was previous to the grips, but don't worry about the alternator. They are rated to handle more than is required as manufacturers expect you to run heated equipment and satnavs off the electrical system. You could likely have a heated vest, gloves, satnav, and phone charger on the go and you'd not get anywhere near overloading it :)

Not with a YBR 125 mate. I have Oxford Smart grips and prior to my LED overhaul the charging warning light would come on when idling with the heaters on. Now the light never comes on.

Not with a YBR 125 mate. I have Oxford Smart grips and prior to my LED overhaul the charging warning light would come on when idling with the heaters on. Now the light never comes on.

Plus some small, shit bikes (like mine) have generators. :shock:

Hi, the stock bulb for the YBR is a HS1 which is a 35w x 35w bulb, I'm not sure the housing will allow a H4 to be fitted.

This might be of use

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=headlight+bulb+yamaha+ybr+125&fr=yhs-invalid#id=2&vid=0167f3cbdeec51c66580a2331b111331&action=view

All sorted now thanks all - I messed around and have fitted it. The beam pattern, whilst not as clean as a halogen one, is not too bad. the light out put is superb. I went for a ride at 10pm last night down some dark twisties and the light output is as not far off the xenons on my Jag.