Help!

Philmorgs

I have a suzuki Sv650S 57plate 29k

Started to notice a small rattle from the front between 2-4K revs mostly on engine breaking. I’ve also noticed when checking oil the bike ticks on the side stand from the front end. As soon as I stand it up it stops ticking.

The exhaust seems to tick abit but goes if I put my finger over it? Don’t think it’s related maybe a leak.

Should I be worried?

Oil and filter change about 300miles ago.

Exhaust leaks do tick, what are you putting your finger over ? A hole ? Have you tried using a long screwdriver as a stethoscope ? (Put the blunt end in your ear)

did the screwdriver trick and found the noise coming from the rear engine at the top by the cams, so gonna assume it is just cam chain noise. It’s not very loud and only there at certain rev ranges 2-4K and sometimes at idle.

Am I safe to just assume this is the noise that the sv makes and I can just get on with riding? It’s soon drowned out by the sound of my exhaust!

Putting my finger over the exhaust can hole, seems to stop the tick instantly...

Your exhaust can has an outlet that is so small that you can cover it with ONE finger ? Stranger still you state that the offending ticking noise stops instantly when you do so . So surely the noise is coming from the exhaust. Sorry but I can't quite see what the situation is here.

There is a consistant tick from the exhaust. If I put my finger over the outlet of the exhaust the tick seems to go.

(Not sure if it’s to do with me blocking the amount of air escaping)

Just so I’m clear I’m not covering the whole of the exhaust outlet but in placing a finger across it the tick seems to go. Very hard to explain

The ticking from the cam chain doesn’t seem to related as it’s not consistent with the exhaust tick what so ever.

Sorry for confusion

Cheers bob