Yamaha ybr issue

Pee91

Recently brought my first bike a 2o12 yamaha ybr 125cc

Ive noticed if i down change through a few gears without releasing the clutch sometimes it makes the bike go completley out of gear , sometimes it may of left me in a higher gear when i release the clutch other times ill be in no gear then when i rev it makes a horrible noise then goes into gear , also noticed when it does this when im stopped , i can press the gear down lever as many times as i want and if wont stop at the top like it does when your in first gear , if i slowly release the clutch at the first point of bite the chain pings and goes into gear

When was the last oil change done? Degraded/old oil could cause problems in changing gears, my YBR wouldn't shift up(down in your case?) the gears properly after a while so i did an oil change and that fixed the issue. It's worth checking the cluch free-play.

How many miles has the bike?

Another thought, sequential selection of gears can be a bit tricky when doing multiple shifts without releasing the clutch lever.

The last bit about the drive engaging when you release the clutch lever is how many bikes will behave if you're hunting for a gear from a false neutral situation.

If doing multiple downshifts try to make sure each selection is firmly pressed on the selector lever and that it is fully released before going for the next selection.

It didn't happen to me even tough sometimes i'm pulling the clutch while downshifting a couple of gears(without releasing the clutch) while braking for the junction... trying to save the chain and sprockets :lol:

Have you actually read the owners handbook particularly the section on riding the machine and how to change gear ?

Here's a wild guess , you or the previous owner , did an oil change and when they undid the sump plug a knob shaped thing and a spring popped out . This because they ( or you ) undid the wrong plug and the neutral peg ( I can't remember the correct name right now ) came out but was not put back correctly. This is seemingly quite a common occurrence and has been reported here a few times . I don't know for sure but this could be at the root of your problem. The only thing you can do is positively identity the RIGHT drain plug and then take the WRONG one out then check its correct installation against the manual. I can post a pic to illustrate what I mean later this evening.

I haven't got this wrong have I ? I felt sure it was YBRs that this has been a frequent problem on but I'm not finding any references or pictures .

I haven't got this wrong have I ? I felt sure it was YBRs that this has been a frequent problem on but I'm not finding any references or pictures .

Ive been thinking about this... was it was van vans

Ive been thinking about this... was it was van vans

Could be.

Yes, it's the Suzuki 125 engine that people often drop the selector detent by mistake.

It doesn't usually affect gear shifts whilst riding, more often just makes neutral hard to find.

I reckon the OP just needs to be a bit more precise with shifts when downshifting without releasing the clutch lever.