Ke175 running problems

Chrissyleetattoo

Hi guys hoping someone might be able to help me i have an 82 kawasaki ke175

Its running like a bag of snot it used to run ok now it will only start on full throttle and just about idles full throttle let go of the throttle and it dies,

The over flow was leaking on the carb so i thought could be the problem, i changed the carb and its still exactly the same, did a compression test it was fine, took the cylinder off and the piston rings etc look fine,got so fed up ive with it ive listed it on ebay as sold as a non runner i dont really want to sell you so if anyone has any ideas on what to try i would be greatly appreciative

Have you set the carb up correctly - Is the needle valve set right - Is the air filter clear - Does the throttle slide operate correctly?

What changed between it running OK and not running OK - Was it left out in the rain? Did you adjust / move / change anything? Did you put diesel in the fuel tank?

:scratch:

It just started doing it ,one week it was fine then the next it started playing up, it was outside in the rain for a couple of days, the carb i put on was from a running bike and i had exactly the same problem as the one that was put on it before so i dont think its the carb its got petrol in it

I would have been at the carb first, but you changed it from a running bike already, so start checking it over to find the cause.

Spark plugs first, then test the coils, and so on.

Spark correct colour?

Water in the Airbox / filter?

Without seeing the bike and experiencing the symptoms - Hard to diagnose. Can you take a video clip (with sound) showing the problem?

:scratch:

Yes, video would be a good idea.