Honda nsr ignition

johannes

Hello guys! I need some help with my honda. I need to know which wires do i need for ignition. Now i have b/r which comes from motor to cdi and then i have black/yellow that goes right into ignition coil from cdi. Do i need something else? And i have ground wires too. And are here all the parts for ignition. CDI, ignition coil, stator and sparkplug.

I would be pleased if someone could answer this :)

I'm prepared to be astonished if someone could answer this !

What do you mean?

What I mean is that that just isn't enough information for anyone to begin to diagnose what's wrong with your bike. Why is the ignition circuit missing wires ? Has someone tried to steal it or hot wire it ? Have a look at the " Please read before posting" piece at the beginning of the Pit stop section and I'm sure someone with first hand knowledge of this particular bike will try to help you. Some clear pictures would certainly help as well. Good luck. You could also invest in a manual if one is available.

Ok lets start it again. So my bike is Honda nsr 125cc 2002. And the problem is that im not getting a spark. When i bought this bike someone were cut off some wires and it didnt get spark. Now i have taken all the wires away that i dont need (lights speedometer etc).

Here is some pictures to clear things up. Just ask if u need to know something else. i will give all the information that i can. It would be nice if i could get this bike working again.

DSC_0026.thumb.JPG.06535cf70954f969c2616e96637bfd47.JPG

cdi wires

DSC_0027.thumb.JPG.fdbd15015f47f3a09a6bda414d5ef3ad.JPG

DSC_0028.thumb.JPG.fe99dd2a6fd4f01bf212694e58bf0d4d.JPG

DSC_0029.thumb.JPG.82e5b7ff6a950ff86abea9955075ce1d.JPG

DSC_0030.thumb.JPG.417b8be16ec27abfc9df575a040bbfc8.JPG

Ok lets start it again. So my bike is Honda nsr 125cc 2002. And the problem is that im not getting a spark. When i bought this bike someone were cut off some wires and it didnt get spark. Now i have taken all the wires away that i dont need (lights speedometer etc).

Here is some pictures to clear things up. Just ask if u need to know something else. i will give all the information that i can. It would be nice if i could get this bike working again.

Why have you taken away the wires to the lights and speedo ? None of this makes sense . My best advice is buy a new wiring loom and a manual or take the bike to a good mechanic . As I said originally, I would be very surprised if anyone could help to fix this problem by online correspondence.

DSC_0027.thumb.JPG.a339015115f3326d4deb3030304b44a3.JPGOh dear, that's what's known as a birds nest ! Get a wiring loom ! Loads of them on eBay, cheap as chips .https://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055413.m4084.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xhonda+nsr.TRS0&_nkw=honda+nsr+wiring+loom

wp_ss_20180528_0001.thumb.png.001ea4b309925d60b5eee1b2f07544c9.png

Why have you taken away the wires to the lights and speedo ? None of this makes sense . My best advice is buy a new wiring loom and a manual or take the bike to a good mechanic . As I said originally, I would be very surprised if anyone could help to fix this problem by online correspondence.

I dont have any lights or speedometer on it. Why i should i keep the wires there if im not going to put lights on it? And if im going to put lights on it its not a problem. All i needed to know which wires i need for ignition ONLY.

[attachment=1]DSC_0027.JPG[/attachment]Oh dear, that's what's known as a birds nest ! Get a wiring loom ! Loads of them on eBay, cheap as chips .https://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055413.m4084.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xhonda+nsr.TRS0&_nkw=honda+nsr+wiring+loom

Its hard to fix any wires if they are packed together with tape...

Makes you wonder why the OP bought a wreck when he clearly has no knowledge to fix it. :roll:

Can i ask u something? How to get knowledge? Well i think doing something with your own hands is the best way. I have repaired many monkey type engines and rabasa engines. This is my first motorcycle that im working on. I made a simple question but u guys made it so complicated.

I bought this thing with only 100 euros. Im not going to put any money on it if not necessary and i think i have fixed the problem. One wire was not correctly placed and now it gives me nice blue spark. This is going to be a police magnet as we call it in here north. But thanks any way guys! 8-)

Well there you go , you didn't really need any help after all . So which wire was it ? It would be nice to know in case anyone asks the same question in the future . I guess they don't have M.O.T tests where you come from . In the U.K. We tend to ride with lights on in day time to alert other road users of our presence . I suppose you don't have speed cameras either .Good luck with your Police Magnet .🏍 🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓

Well there you go , you didn't really need any help after all . So which wire was it ? It would be nice to know in case anyone asks the same question in the future . I guess they don't have M.O.T tests where you come from . In the U.K. We tend to ride with lights on in day time to alert other road users of our presence . I suppose you don't have speed cameras either .Good luck with your Police Magnet .🏍 🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓

It was the green/white wire which comes from stator and goes into cdi. It had to be touch with ground wires. Could u tell me what is M.O.T test? :D And i live in Finland in a little village. Im building this bike for fishing trips. Distances between my villages and good fishing places is so big that it makes no sense to walk there. It is pretty usual that we drive without lights and licenses here. There is no police station around and the traffic is pretty minimum. Sometimes we use headlights for bikes to give some light. :lol:

And a last question. Was my english good or bad? Im training for my english test as well.

It was the green/white wire which comes from stator and goes into cdi. It had to be touch with ground wires. Could u tell me what is M.O.T test? :D And i live in Finland in a little village. Im building this bike for fishing trips. Distances between my villages and good fishing places is so big that it makes no sense to walk there. It is pretty usual that we drive without lights and licenses here. There is no police station around and the traffic is pretty minimum. Sometimes we use headlights for bikes to give some light. :lol:

And a last question. Was my english good or bad? Im training for my english test as well.

Your English is a thousand times better than my Finish . Sound like paradise , for a few months of the year anyway. An M.O.T test is a yearly safety inspection required by the Ministry of Transport that states that if a vehicle is fitted with lights then they have to work . Hyva kalastus !

Hello again guys! I have been now driving with my honda and it works pretty well. But i would like to get more power to it. Now it's de-restricted. Sprockets are 14/36 i think. I'm going to put 13 on front. I could get bigger carburetor. Maybe 32-36mm? Does it make sense to spend 250 euros for jollymoto exhaust? And how much plastic parts effect on top speed. I don't have any plastic parts on it right now.

A 13 tooth on front will sharpen it up a bit,

Is it worth buying an exhaust that may or may not increase power? same for carb.

But if you dont have any worry about legal requirement where you are why not just buy a bigger bike?

Plastics do make a difference on top speed on a big bike BUT probably not a lot on a small bike

Plastics do make a difference on top speed on a big bike BUT probably not a lot on a small bike

I dunno 'Busa... When was the last time you tucked in on a small bike? Streamlining makes a good deal of difference on low powered bikes.

I dunno 'Busa... When was the last time you tucked in on a small bike? Streamlining makes a good deal of difference on low powered bikes.

Now I think of it [mention]Mr Fro[/mention] is right,

Its been Decades since I rode anything lower than an 850 but I do remember more speed when tucked in

A 13 tooth on front will sharpen it up a bit,

Is it worth buying an exhaust that may or may not increase power? same for carb.

But if you dont have any worry about legal requirement where you are why not just buy a bigger bike?

Yeah i have been thinking about a bigger bike. But I also like to fix and tune these things. Maybe i should just sell this little honda and buy another project.