Yamaha XJ6 factory alarm

Glorian

New bike comes with a nice loud alarm as standard, which is always nice for the insurance..

However the bloody thing is so sensitive, i store it outside under a cover and if it's really windy and the cover moves at all, alarm goes off! Now the problem being if i know weather is bad, i turn the alarm off. But this brings it's own series of problems.

Anyone else have similar issues? How do you get around them? My only thought was to put some bungie coards around the bike/cover to prevent movement.

Broken it already?...... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously......Mandy's Speed 4 has a Datatool alarm and it tweets at you if you look at it funny......no adjustments, so we just have to put up with it..... :roll:

Is it the movement of the cover or is it the wind moving the bike assisted by the sail like properties of the cover ? Sound too sensitive to me , any adjustment possible ?

Lou had one on her SV, which I removed.

It didn't make much of a difference to insurance, and thieves don't care about them anyway. It only really deters the opportunists, and an alarmed disc lock works just as well for that.

So my suggestion is remove it, and if it's a Datatool I can tell you how to get it disconnected from the bike inside an hour.