2006 Hornet 600 headlight issue!

kenrolli

Hi guys, having had good advice on this forum before I am back again with another problem.

Having had my Renthal bars fitted by an experienced mechanic my hi beam and low beam headlights are no differenent, i.e. the high beam is no higher than the low beam? Strange I know but the guy says he did not change the wiring in the headlight assembly and all I have done is to fit two new H11 Osram Nightbreakers.

Now I did not remember seeing this problem with the old bulbs in it after the bars were fitted but then again I didn't really look as I didn't ride the bike until a few weeks later and noticed the problem when checking my bike before riding it. (as all good bikers do eh?) .

Anyway I have checked with the headlight suppliers and yes both bulbs should be the same H11 type.

I would very much appreciate any advice on this one as I really need to sort it before MOT comes around again.

Thanks guys, looking forward to reading any ideas you may have! :cheers: :thumb:

Thanks for the reply Mike but I forgot to mention that both low and high beam stay on together? I can't remember seeing that on other bikes or even mine but I'll replace the other bulbs as suggested but I think the wiring must be wrong if the both beams are on together, thanks again for your input, Ken. :cheers:

Yeah as I thought, thanks for the reply, I can now get on to my 'expert' to see what he says! I thought something was not quite right but didn't like to question the man. Hey ho another bit of the puzzle connected! Cheers mate! :D

• 3 weeks later...

HI mate sorry for the late reply but I didn't replace the old bulbs as I didn't see the point as the new bulbs are both the correct ones but my local mechanic says he's going to check the wiring and correct it for me! I know there is a problem but for the life of me cannot understand why the high beam is the same level as the low?? Anyway I hope he'll sort it soon. Thanks a lot for your reply, cheers dude!! :cheers: