Lexmoto 125 engine cutout (lambretta)

aforth

I have a 2011 lambretta evolution with a lexmoto 125 4 stroke engine

Father replaced air filter before it came down to me with a orange triangle looking thing

No every now and then when I am caning it - it can splutter and stall - I wait 10 seconds - and it starts right back up again!

Is this something to do with the carb/ air / fuel?

Will a tinker with the fuel nut help at all? is it too tight or loose do we think?

Someone said I need the jets altering to account for the new filter but want to sort it for short term before this gets done

Thanks in advance

Aaron

Welcome to the forum. Fuel nut ? Pictures would be helpful. Why not replace the orange triangle thing with a standard air filter ?

I have been turning some crew on the carb that I have been told controls the air/fuel mix..?

But I have now read somewhere that there is also a screw for the fuel idle?

What am I looking for in the fuel tank bud? Should there be a hole in the actual fuel cap?

Thanks

A

There will either be a small hole in the petrol cap, or a breather pipe that attaches to the petrol tank. The next time it happens, take the petrol cap off. If you can hear air whooshing in, the hole or pipe is blocked.

Shouldn't have messed with the screw...screw it all the way back in then undo 1 and 1/4 of a turns (I'm guessing) to reset. I can't remember when, but old bikes used to have oil soaked air filters...is this one of them? I'm guessing the air filter is letting in too much or too little air for the bike to breath.

Shouldn't have messed with the screw...screw it all the way back in then undo 1 and 1/4 of a turns (I'm guessing) to reset. I can't remember when, but old bikes used to have oil soaked air filters...is this one of them? I'm guessing the air filter is letting in too much or too little air for the bike to breath.

Until you post some photos its going to de hard to help you out. Attachments , add files , select from album , wait for them to load , submit .