What are these tubes near gear pedal?

Beans

Dropped my newish cbf1000 doing slow speed practice in a car park. :oops: :cry:

Apart from the heart ache and the fact that I bent the rear brake pedal, I also lost some fluid from these hoses which run down the sidestand in the picture. The fluid only came out whilst the bike was on its side :crybaby:

Clutch brakes seem ok. Any thoughts what this was?

Thanks

Despondent beans

rsz_20180612_175634.jpg

overflows.. normally.. from the petrol tank cap. to allow rainwater to flow away before it can overflow into the fuel or if you overfill.. it allows excess petrol to drip safely to the ground or air to escape.. when its hot weather and the fuel expands... and from the battery.. to allow for expansion or gasses to escape.. either way.. they are a safety feature of sorts.

Absolutely nothing to do with either. The fluid that escaped was almost certainly petrol.. when a bike goes over its much safer for the fuel to escape via the hose. (which is its easiest route) than to leak out of the petrol cap.

Surely one of them is the overflow from the coolant expansion tank and one of them could be the drain from the air box which allows condensation to escape . That's what they are on both of my bikes anyway.No need to worry about brake or clutch fluid escaping, they are sealed systems. If there's a third one it will from the fuel cap overflow . It's there in case you overfill or slosh petrol around when filling up , it goes through the tank and out of the bottom so that fuel is channeled safely away from the hot engine.

My bike has two hoses and doesn't have a coolant expansion tank.. or any coolant for that matter, The airbox on my bike has a plugged hole in its base.. which is there for excess oil if the engine was ever overfilled. (and no hose)

1 is for the drain holes from the 'bowl' under the petrol cap. the 2nd is from the battery,, or would be if I didn't have a sealed AGM. easy to differentiate which is which.. the one smells of petrol.

My 800 had a 3rd hose.. called an 'exhaust steam hose' that came from the coolant expansion tank. coolant cant spill from that unless the expansion tank was holed. And if it were to overflow.. then that would mean I had significantly overfilled.. and ignored the 'fill' line