Engine warning light

Foxy Stoat seeks Pig

Looking for some advice on something a little strange that happened today.

Riding through town around midday, it was hot and was in stop/start in traffic. Fan was cutting in and out as it should and was working fine. Then the engine warning light came on. There was no performance drop or anything of not. It stayed on for around 5 mins until I was outside oftown and as soon as I got above 30mph the light went out and never came back on. I ran the diagnostic mode when I got home and nothing shows up.

Could the be a temperature related issue??

Engine warning light came on and you ignored it for 5mins??

Let's hope it wasn't an overheating issue...

If you suspect overheating, stop the bike and let it cool don't continue to ride risking engine damage.

Probably overheating. The fan comes on to reduce coolant temperature, but may not be enough to satisfy engine parameters within ECU. Find a suitable chemical to flush out your cooling system or just replace coolant with fresh and maybe fit a temperature gauge in a coolant line. Also check your thermostat.

Engine warning light came on and you ignored it for 5mins??

Let's hope it wasn't an overheating issue...

If you suspect overheating, stop the bike and let it cool don't continue to ride risking engine damage.

Yes it was a dick move looking back. In a hurry places to be etc etc

Edited by Foxy Stoat seeks Pig

Probably overheating. The fan comes on to reduce coolant temperature, but may not be enough to satisfy engine parameters within ECU. Find a suitable chemical to flush out your cooling system or just replace coolant with fresh and maybe fit a temperature gauge in a coolant line. Also check your thermostat.

Coolant was changed last year so could always do that again. Checking the thermostat will require a little research I think