Problem starting the Bike

Guest NorthenRider

I have a second hand lexmoto zsx 125 it had not been looked after that well but when it turned up it was running so fort that's fine I can fix it up. Know the problem is I have had it running every know and again then it starts to not tick over or the digital screen goes of so I fort lack of power so got a new battery and spark plug just to be safe. Started up was like get in know it seem all the same problems have come back this all happened on the same day. Changed the oil as well and new petrol. If some one could point me in the right direction because I am pulling my hair out lol.

Sounds like something is draining the power when it's left sitting. Are there any aftermarket tracker/alarm/heated grip additions? Anything wired directly to the battery? If so, remove them, charge the battery and see how it goes once it's fully charged.

If not, you might have an earth fault somewhere. Break out the multi meter and get testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again , new user, single post about a lexmoto / YBR etc . Vague running problem , no response . I'm coming round to Speedy's point of view . Why can't people just get stuck in and fettle their motorbike. What about the idea of taking something apart to find out how it works and putting it back together again.