Tank.chip

kenrolli

Hi one and all just wondering if anyone has seen this gadget advertised in MCN lately, http://tankchip.com/index.htm It's a metal bar supposedly made of some special alloy that will give your bike a new lease of life basically?? Well at least more MPG and faster acceleration etc.... Now I'm not the gullible type, really I'm not but I did buy one the same time as a work colleague just in case it may work!

Anyway I hoped some well educated biker would have some info on this gadget and would be so kind to as to pass on their experience good or bad. They do offer a full refund at any time if your not totally happy with it!

Please take a look for yourself because if it does work then I'm sure we'd all benefit from it.

Cheers all..... :cheers: 20180625_200312.thumb.jpg.10b0ddbac270eaf9bcd3bd48022fb176.jpg

These sort of things where on the market years ago and they are not worth a penny!

Yes , I'm afraid I sold a few during my time at M&P . I don't know what the science is supposed to be but I reckon it's bollocks . Does it protect you from the effects of chemtrails ?

Edited by fastbob

Contrary to the many cynical opinions you will read about these things they do work. They do exactly what they are meant to do.

Which is to con money out of gullible mugs. In which sense they are very effective.

Any use in a petrol tank? Nope. That's not their primary purpose.

Never heard of this, and the site explains nothing about the science behind it. How would a soft alloy change the composition of fuel?

The only stuff you should put in your bikes tank is petrol and any good fuel system cleaner. :thumb:

Never heard of this, and the site explains nothing about the science behind it. How would a soft alloy change the composition of fuel?

The only stuff you should put in your bikes tank is petrol and any good fuel system cleaner. :thumb:

And Brasso. Back in the late 70's a biker mate of mine used to swear by adding Brasso to his fuel as it polished the inside of the engine. He did however tend to suffer from piston failure for some reason.

These sort of things where on the market years ago and they are not worth a penny!

Anyone remember the Wal Phillips "fuel injector" which was a really good way of setting your bike on fire....... :shock:

In a moment of madness, I mixed some model aeroplane glo fuel with petrol in the tank of an MZ TS 125 . The thinking being that a bit of castor oil and methanol might make it go a bit faster or at least improve the quality of the smoke .Unfortunately the fuel in the carb turned to a kind of jelly so it didn't go at all .

It's a scam. It's basically tin metal that does absolutely nothing. You're supposed to drop it in your tank and it does all these wonderful things.

People still fall for stupid sheet like this all the time and the company making it is raking it in.

What was the name of those soluble tablets that you also were supposed to put in the tank ?

You're not thinking of Nitroglycerine are you?......A la World's Fastest Indian........ :wink: :lol: :lol:

What was the name of those soluble tablets that you also were supposed to put in the tank ?

You're not thinking of Nitroglycerine are you?......A la World's Fastest Indian........ :wink: :lol: :lol:

That would make it go like a bomb :D

That would make it go like a bomb :D

No but I remember that scene, brilliant film .