Coolant Change Suzuki GSX 1250 FA 2012

Arturs

Hi All,

Just done the oil change and now it comes to Coolant...

I though it will be easy to choose one, but it gives me a bit of a headache...

My manual says if original coolant is not available please use- Glycol base antifreeze compatible wit aluminium radiators...

So far I have found and bough ''TRIPLE QX Blue Ready Mixed'' description below.

Ready Mix Ethylene Glycol based Antifreeze with Winter Protection up to -36 C upon dilution

Blue Ready Mixed Antifreeze/Coolant - 5ltr

Suitable for all engine types including aluminium, and conforms to British Standards BS6580 (2010) and ASTM D 3306 & ASTM D 4985, SAE J 1034, AFNOR NF R 15601.

It can be left in the system as a coolant and rust inhibitor for up to a maximum of 2 years in accordance with vehicle manufacturers requirements.

Just wanted to see your opinion on this one, maybe someone can suggest product they have used?

Any feedback is much appreciated!!

Thanks

You did read the bit about "do not use with other coolants"? OAT coolants can form a gluey gunk that will clog your radiator if they are mixed with non-OAT coolants. And does your engine contain much magnesium? You're looking at a full flush and refill. Sounds like a right PITA to me. What was in there originaĺly?

You did read the bit about "do not use with other coolants"? OAT coolants can form a gluey gunk that will clog your radiator if they are mixed with non-OAT coolants. And does your engine contain much magnesium? You're looking at a full flush and refill. Sounds like a right PITA to me. What was in there originaĺly?

That's the aim, full flush, refill with new one as I dont know whats inside and when its changed.

Silkolene-because its silicate, nitrite and phosphate free. It meets specs for the bike, designed for motorbikes in general, were Triple QX comes from eurocarpats and is desgined more for cars rather than bikes, from description it meets specs as well. That's were Im at, I think Ill go with Silkolene. I would love to have original one, but no luck in search over internet.

That's the aim, full flush, refill with new one as I dont know whats inside and when its changed.

Silkolene-because its silicate, nitrite and phosphate free. It meets specs for the bike, designed for motorbikes in general, were Triple QX comes from eurocarpats and is desgined more for cars rather than bikes, from description it meets specs as well. That's were Im at, I think Ill go with Silkolene. I would love to have original one, but no luck in search over internet.

Go with the cheapest that meets the specs! no point paying over the odds for fancy stuff you don't need

It makes no odds if its made for cars or bikes :wink: