Akrapovic end can..... idiot requires help.

Shanc73

Hi all,

My (mostly) lovely missus has bought me a carbon finish Akrapovic end can (no link/mid pipe) - much like this one (I can't find the exact one) - https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/242706

Being of limited mechanical competence, and my usual go-to mechanic has rudely decided to move to France (something to do with quality Family time, pfft), I stood there looking at my stock silencer on my 2001 CBR600 F4i then at my Akra, then back at the standard one (repeat for at least 20 minutes, with a Mr Bean type expression).....thinking, how the bloody hell does this work then.

With my Neanderthal tendencies, I thought 'easy, take off the standard, cut it about 2 inch from the end can, clamp new can on, clamp it up and away we go'.....

Luckily, before I started (lazy and tight does have some benefits), I decided that wasn't the way to go as the standard pipe looks of a larger diameter than the pipe on the Akra.

What I'm actually rambling about is; how do I do this, as I can't find the correct link pipe for a reasonable price, was my original thinking correct or am I in for a world of wallet pain?

As a side note, I'm not sure I'd trust any local dealers/mechanics to wash my bike, let alone touch the oily bits.

I personally would by the link pipe, I wouldn't want to be chopping up my standard can - they're pricey on these! Black Widow might sell you just a link pipe at a much reduced rate than what you find online but you'd have to contact them and make sure the diameters all match up.

I personally would by the link pipe, I wouldn't want to be chopping up my standard can - they're pricey on these! Black Widow might sell you just a link pipe at a much reduced rate than what you find online but you'd have to contact them and make sure the diameters all match up.

Cheers [mention]Westbeef[/mention], I'll give them a call this weekend :cheers:

Hi all,

My *utterly amazing* missus has bought me a carbon finish Akrapovic

Ftfy mate - how many of our missus would buy us an akra?!

I begrudgingly accept your point [mention]geofferz[/mention], she bought me a Shoei Primal for my birthday, then some Alpinestars one-piece leathers for fathers day, so I suppose I could've done worse :lol: however, her love of Bingo counts against her, she's bloody 35 and no blue rinse (yet)....

Hi all,

My *utterly amazing* missus has bought me a carbon finish Akrapovic

Ftfy mate - how many of our missus would buy us an akra?!

It's when they start buying you disc brake oil that you have to start worrying.....