Oil problem/ Lexmoto Hunter 50cc

Matt0503

Hi, guys i managed to buy a lexmoto hunter yesterday. I rode it back home for 15 miles and when i got home i noticed an oil leak, it was coming from the stator casing. I took it off and there was oil there (not much) , im not sure if there is supposed to be oil as there is a screw from the top (as if to fill up) however there is also a hole on the bottom for liquids to escape (factory). Please help, also i wanted to change the oil in the engine and unscrewed one bolt from underneath the engine... a spring came out with the bolt and a few ml of oil (not much at all) after screwing this back in i noticed that there is a second bolt.... so my question is why are there 2 bolts? I thought that maybe the one i unscrewed was for a filter, but there was no filter. Plus why would only a bit of oil pour out. Thanks for any messages in advance, i will try to read them asap

Sounds like you've taken the gear selector detent bolt out - that's often the one with a spring and usually a domed unit (though that may not have dropped out). If there are two bolts I'd guess the other is the oil drain.

Can you find a manual for this engine?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, I will try to look for a manual, i have managed to find the parts i needed, but how on earth do i take the flywheel off? It doesnt move even with a gear puller on it. :crybaby:. 2 days ago i noticed my starter not starting the engine... turns out its the starter motor clutch behind the FLYWHEEL. Which is not going anywhere anytime soon, so now i have a stuck flywheel with an oil leak and a faulty starter clutch behind it. I was thinking to cut the flywheel off and just order a new one. Please help.

(Lexmoto :stupid: )

DO NOT CUT THE FLYWHEEL OFF ELSE YOU WILL F*UCK YOUR ENGINE. Was that loud enough? You need the proper extractor to get it off. It costs about £6.50. And get a manual while you're at it. Remember - Google is your friend!

Edited to add: There was a remarkably similar post on here not long ago. Coincidence? I think we should be told.

Loud enough, thanks :D , can you help me out in figuring out why a proper extractor is going to Be better than the one i bought? Also i need to restrict the bike to 30mph, i tried to buy a new standard cdi because the previous owner put a racing one on, but no help, does it need to be titled as a restricted cdi? Any other ways j can restrict it? Its hard because its a geared bike so cant restrict it in the throttle, will a restricted exhaust work? :scratch: