Yamaha ys125 - rear brake

SuchANewb

Ok, so my drive chain was really slack so I followed the manual instructions, loosened the brake pedal free play nut, the brake torque rod nut and the axle nut and then tightened the chain. As far as I can tell the rear wheel is aligned with the marks in the window being even. Then, as per the manual I tightened everything back up to within the manual specs.

But now, the arm that links the brake pedal to the brake lever doesn’t return properly - it sticks and the rear wheel is sticking to the point it won’t move at all. I’ve tried a bit of WD-40 on the springs but that hasn’t helped.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to TMBF mate. ......pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys when you can. .... 8-)

As to your problem. .......If the chain was really knackered (and likely the sprockets too), then the distance you've moved the rear wheel back may be further than the brake rod and torsion bar can cope with......New chain (and sprockets) may sort your problem. ..... 8-)

Thanks for the replies.

Last night I did everything again - I redid the drive chain slack and wheel alignment and now it seems to be working. I think I might have started moving the brake pedal free play nut before I tightened the brake torque rod nut - not sure if this would have made a difference.

Anyway, now the brake pedal free play is within the manual specs and the wheel moves freely.

Now time to clean it!!

Thanks again