Suzuki DR125 SM

Smurfyy_uk

Hello there

I am new here and to bike so please be nice :)

I Have a Suzuki DR125 SM 2010 and the bike wont start, It ran once but wouldn't idle so as soon as I let go of the throttle it cut out.

The FI light is on and I have checked the clutch switch and the side stand switch both been bridged and still the light stays on.

I hope some of you here could help or point me in some sort of a direction.

Thank You

Smurfyy

Morning, I think the reason you have had no response is that you just haven't provided enough information. Unfortunately there are loads of reasons why a bike won't start. You could begin by running through the trouble shooting section of the Haynes manual first.

So far I have checked

Clutch switch

Side stand switch

Throttle body ( now replaced to a new one)

Battery

Have emptied the tank and all fuel lines

And replaced with new fuel

Spark plug

Still dosnt want to go I’m at a loss

Bike started up when it was delivered about a week ago

But wouldn’t idle so had to hold the throttle to keep it running then since then it hasn’t ran since the FI light come on and stays on.

I’m sorry my explanations aren’t great I new to bike and trying to explain it the best I can :)

• 2 weeks later...

you still need to provide more info. really. test the spark plug, doubt its a compression thing if it ran a week ago and left untouched, if you don't know how long it was left for previously do an oil change. if spark is good & so is compression it's a fuel/air thing. again if left for a while might just need the jets cleared out.