Cg125 not starting

Bogtom

Hello!

I am currently trying to get my girlfriends 2006 cg125 started so I can take it for a MOT

Its been stood for over a year

Replaced battery

Turn the ignition on and everything works on left handlebar control.. headlights, horn, indicator

Rear brake switch works too

However the right hand side handlebar control nothing works.. starter and front brake light switch.

Push starter motor and nothing happens.. no relay click or fuel pump noises.

Any thoughts on solution?

Trace wiring back from switch block. Check inline connectors. Is there a common earth that could be compromised? Have you looked under the tank? Where was the bike stored? Any possibility of rodent damage?

• 1 year later...

i used bicycle pump and pumped air into end of pipe connected to base of carb float bowl. engine cold and choke on (fuel tap on and gear in neutral with ignition on) and it started. its a 2006 model

I'd check the connector and wiring going to the right handlebar for an open. It could also be corrosion in the switches but the front brake light switch is usually separate from the other switches and it's not working either. It's possible they all have corrosion but it's more likely there's an open in the wiring going to the right handlebar