Bargain Halfords Socket Set

Mickly

[mention]Stu[/mention] Yeah I know, I get regular emails announcing price cuts but this is the cheapest I’ve seen in a while.

No harm in spreading the love.

I can't say I take much notice of the price to be honest as I already have two sets I don't need any more :lol:

plus I usually by with my trade card :)

Always compare trade price with offer price online though, if offer is cheaper than trade price and you use trade card they will charge the higher trade price, been caught a couple of times :thumb:

I can't say I take much notice of the price to be honest as I already have two sets I don't need any more :lol:

plus I usually by with my trade card :)

Always compare trade price with offer price online though, if offer is cheaper than trade price and you use trade card they will charge the higher trade price, been caught a couple of times :thumb:

I always do as I have made that mistake once already :thumb:

I've had this one about 6 years and cant complain at all. Only two issues i've had is one of the torx sockets snapped while undoing a brake disc (trip to store with the broken pieces and my receipt and it was swapped no questions) and one of the ratchet spanners seized due to me accidently leaving it outside in the garden for approx a week :oops: (bit of oil and it got going again)

1525090909_Screenshot2018-11-06at20_50_10.jpg.08b0cbff2b38aced439a0d6331629f73.jpg

[mention]Tiggie[/mention] I have the same set as my "portable tools" it saves trying to collect tools out my big tool box!

I also snapped a torx socket doing brakes :lol: probably the same size bit too :lol:

I threw it in the bin!! then had to dig in the bin as I remembered the lifetime warranty :roll: took it in and they swapped it with no questions asked with no receipt 8-)

I have 2 sets slightly bigger than those, been very good had one ratchet go faulty purely through my own misuse, the case on the first one didn't last very long although I fear me driving over it with a landrover may have been the cause of that.

They look OK though. Not a bad toolkit to get you started. I love socket sets - you can't have too many sockets! The female torx sockets are also useful especially if you've got a BMW......

@Tiggie I have the same set as my "portable tools" it saves trying to collect tools out my big tool box!

I also snapped a torx socket doing brakes :lol: probably the same size bit too :lol:

I threw it in the bin!! then had to dig in the bin as I remembered the lifetime warranty :roll: took it in and they swapped it with no questions asked with no receipt 8-)

I snapped a screwdriver bit whilst using my impact driver (I know, I shouldn't have done that) They swapped if for a new one no questions asked.

I think they're great tools, I got the larger socket set a few years ago and never had any bother with them. They come with a lifetime guarantee as well so if anything breaks, just return it to a store and get a replacement.

Also DFS is having half price sale ..

Has anyone ever paid full price for a DFS sofa?

I think that’s the point BD was making

I realised once I posted... In my defence it's been a long day :lol:

Has anyone ever paid full price for a DFS sofa?

Long day my ar*e ... you wanna try sitting in a Speed awareness workshop for 4 hours ... now that is a LONG DAY !!

Long day my ar*e ... you wanna try sitting in a Speed awareness workshop for 4 hours ... now that is a LONG DAY !!

couldn't you just fly through it.........

:popcorn:

That will teach you for [strikeout]getting caught[/strikeout] speeding.

I went to work today! First time in 6 months, think I'll have a day in bed tomorrow :lol: