Haynes manual - shop?

Pbassred

You used to be able to get them from Halfords. Check Haynes website but I suspect they are on line only from the publisher nowadays.

Halfords still do them but they're not always up to date and aren't brilliant for bike versions.

I'd go online. The last few I've bought have been off Amazon.

• 5 weeks later...

In case you haven't yet bought one, Haynes themselves are running discounts on their website at the moment and it looks like most of their bike manuals are around the £17 mark. I bought one for the Transalp last week and took a couple of days to arrive. I guess one cost cutting exercise they've taken in recent years is to produce paper back manuals as opposed to the nice hardbacks of my old manuals.

I guess I go back a bit further, I remember when they were all softback and came in a wide range of background colours . These shiny hard backs are all very fine but the quality of the actual pages is really flimsy and when you try to open out two pages the binding tends to crack resulting in pages falling out .

Can't say I've had the pages falling out thing happen, but you're right about the wafer thin pages, it doesn't take much ick dropped on it to stick an entire chapter together.

This one brings back happy memories. I think there were scribbled notes and greasy marks on almost every page before I'd finished with it.

wp_ss_20190124_0008.thumb.png.3540b925829ac5084d035b34126c7c16.png

You used to be able to get them from Halfords. Check Haynes website but I suspect they are on line only from the publisher nowadays.

Halfords still do them but they're not always up to date and aren't brilliant for bike versions.

I'd go online. The last few I've bought have been off Amazon.

Bit late to this one but I got mine from eBay for under a tenner!

As for a shop you can go to and buy the manual the Haynes museum says if the one you want isn’t on display just ask and they’ll get it for you. Easier to order it though ay!

@fastbob Never heard of Clymer manuals, any advantage over Haynes?

We'll before we get too excited I don't know if they do one for the CBR500R . I've never actually used one but I did work in a shop that sold them . One thing that I remember is that the bigger and more complicated the bike , the thicker the manual, whereas Haynes seem to be all the same . I also think they covered a much wider range of models in one manual. Published in America.

As for a shop you can go to and buy the manual the Haynes museum says if the one you want isn’t on display just ask and they’ll get it for you. Easier to order it though ay!

@fastbob Never heard of Clymer manuals, any advantage over Haynes?

Clymer are an American publisher of workshop manuals.......so, sometimes, there are slight differences to the bikes for the American market......and some bikes that are aimed specifically at the European market do not have a direct American equivalent. ....so, no Clymer manual is available for them...... 8-)