Honda cbr125

Stew.Holloway

Hello

I’ve got a fuel injection 2008 (uk) CBR125. I was riding home from work on a warm sunny day when it cut out for a few seconds then went again before dying completely. I tried to start it but no luck as it fires but will not start. Parts I’ve replaced are Engine, fuel pump, complete wiring loom, spark plug, battery and coil. It fires and pops and bangs but just will not start! Any ideas would be a big help. Many thanks

Have you tried testing the ignition pick up?

These can break down when they get hot.

He's replaced the engine! Who knows what it could be after that kind of work though, maybe something hasn't been reconnected..

Hi. Thanks for replies. Ecu been replaced and everything plugged back where it should.seems like a good spark and it’s not particularly wet. Chap coming to pick it up later today so fingers crossed

Hello

I’ve got a fuel injection 2008 (uk) CBR125. I was riding home from work on a warm sunny day when it cut out for a few seconds then went again before dying completely. I tried to start it but no luck as it fires but will not start. Parts I’ve replaced are Engine, fuel pump, complete wiring loom, spark plug, battery and coil. It fires and pops and bangs but just will not start! Any ideas would be a big help. Many thanks

Try replacing the wheels , frame , tank and seat and then give all the spare bits to me 😆 Engine won't start , replace the engine . There is a certain soundness to your logic but you must have a bigger wallet than me .

Edited by fastbob

I have a Honda cbr 125 fuel injected it has 7000 miles on the clock iv been told I should get another 7000 out of it if it gets looked after. My friend has purchased a lexmoto viper 2017 plate with 200miles on not sure weather to get rid of Honda or keep her lol many thanks

I have a Honda cbr 125 fuel injected it has 7000 miles on the clock iv been told I should get another 7000 out of it if it gets looked after. My friend has purchased a lexmoto viper 2017 plate with 200miles on not sure weather to get rid of Honda or keep her lol many thanks

Who is giving you this advice ? It sounds to me like they might be trying to sell you a new bike ! If any bike , big or small , is properly treated and carefully maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations then there is no reason why it shouldn't last for WAY over 14,000 miles. Over the last two years I've done 11,000 miles on an ER5 that already had 62,000 miles on it when I got it . Obviously the less miles on the clock, the better the price you will get when you sell but miles and maintenance are two different things ...... And then there are Chinese bikes . 💩

• 2 months later...

Hi. Thanks for replies. Ecu been replaced and everything plugged back where it should.seems like a good spark and it’s not particularly wet. Chap coming to pick it up later today so fingers crossed

I take it no news means good news that it's fixed now? :wink:

Did you ever find out what was causing it to cut out? Just curious in case it happens on mine..