Diesel........

gsijay

Hi guys

Rite fooked off with myself I don't normally use Bp garages but tonight I used Bp all I see is Bp premium so I started filling up but soon realised that I was putting 3.29 litres of diesel in started swearing as you would.....BUT DIDN'T START IT......call the fuel doctor out they drain the tank and put 10 litres of petrol in...started it up sounded a bit lumpy for a few seconds and then ticking over fine then I fill the tank up with premium pertrol MY QUESTION IS WILL IT DO DAMAGE TO MY BIKE?... . FEEL LIKE A Rite dickhead plus it costs me £180 quid ..

It'll be fine :thumb:

I used to work in a petrol station and loved it when this happened as the guy that came out used to give a tenner to whoever was working on the till to encourage us to get customers to ring them :lol:

Petrol in a diesel is fine, a firm i worked for had an LDV 400 2.5 diesel, and by accident put a tenners worth of petrol in before i realised, so i then put in 20 quids worth of diesel, and all was fine, although it did double the horse power :lol: , but in my defence of said mistake, i also had one in a 2 litre duel fuel petrol/lpg version :cheers:

Petrol in a diesel is fine, a firm i worked for had an LDV 400 2.5 diesel, and by accident put a tenners worth of petrol in before i realised, so i then put in 20 quids worth of diesel, and all was fine, although it did double the horse power :lol: , but in my defence of said mistake, i also had one in a 2 litre duel fuel petrol/lpg version :cheers:

Errr no its not, petrol in diesel in modern system is bad, petrol acts like a solvent, thins the diesel and the lubrication that the pumps rely on goes.

Errr no its not, petrol in diesel in modern system is bad, petrol acts like a solvent, thins the diesel and the lubrication that the pumps rely on goes.

Just guessing but I think it may have seen a while ago... The LDV400 hasn't been made for quite a while and nowadays £30 of fuel would be a drop in the tank if one of those...

30 quid would be over a 1/3 of a tank which would still be dire to the injection pump and injectors, pressures inside derv pumps are huge and tolerances very high.

My uncle had a bus company, it happened now and again, they had a tank where they used to put contaminated fuel and diluted it so they could put the odd gallon back into the busses so as to not waste it.

That was a great plan till his still under warranty bova broke down in Germany and bova diagnosed contaminated fuel and sent a nice big bill and removed the entire fuel system from the remainder of the warranty.