2018 MT07 exhaust system - remap or not!!???

Claretmac

Hello all, recently changed my bike and got an MT07 2018, however, as you may or not be aware, the stock exhaust is pants!! Sounds more like a petrol lawnmower if you are in slightly too high a gear and pull away!!

I am aiming to purchase a new exhaust, possibly a lextek but not sure yet, I have read in a couple of places that throttle response can deteriorate following exhaust change and remap is necessary, however friend of mine has changed exhausts on multiple bikes he has owned and never had an issue.

Has anyone changed the exhaust on an MT07 and not had a remap? if so have you had any problems or is a remap a must!??

Many thanks and ride safe!

Most modern bikes has ecu that will auto adjust to new silencer and if you get some good aftermarket exhaust like akrapovic there is no need to do anything

From the other side if you get some low cost shit or some extremely low priced akra from the amazon or eBay that is 100% Chinese copy you can damage the engine.

Exhaust is very serious design and carefully studied for each engine.