fuel injector cleaners/cleaning?

Harry

Hi all. In the process of eliminating the cause of stuttering with my bike. Generally in low gears at low revs. Developed not so long back so I know it's not just a 'normal' thing with this particular model of bike. (Kawasaki er6n) I'm suspecting the fuel injectors might need a clean now. I'm questioning whether to try a fuel injector cleaner first or just go ahead and removing and cleaning the injectors. Anyone had any experience positive or otherwise with over the counter fuel injector cleaners? Would it clean an already dirty fuel injector?

My BMW is 19 years old and the injectors have never been cleaned.. i doubt that they are the cause of your problem.

go to ebay or your nearest decent motorfactors and buy a bottle of wynns dry fuel.. and add this when you brim the tank. this will firstly remove any water from the tank and secondly, clean the injectors.

I've owned lot's of bikes since the early 70's and this is the first bike I've had to consider a dirty fuel injector or two! A few things I've gone through before considering the injectors ... spark plugs changed for new ones, new air filter, throttle bodies synced, throttle cables adjusted and lubricated, no tight spots in drive chain ... other servicing I've done that I don't think would cause stuttering/surging ... changed engine oil and changed coolant. So maybe try an additive such as Wynns Dry Fuel. Then that failing it's an easy enough job whipping the injectors of for a cleaning. Maybe there are other suggestions of causes?

Thanks and lot's to read and think about there. After the conversation about the alternator someone is suggesting checking the idle speed for accuracy. It's a coincidence but as soon as I got in after a ride last night ... during the ride I was able to cruise around 3000/4000 in 3rd gear and experience the stutter ... I thought the idle was running a bit high. We're looking at 1300 but I reckon I was running more towards 1500. The throttle cables and idle are the only other things I have altered when I serviced the bike so maybe that could be a way forward? Surging/stuttering is such a difficult problem to pin down when it is mechanical and not just a lack of throttle control which it can sometimes be. I'll feedback.