Honda cbf 125 cut out mid ride and now won’t stsrt

Charleyleonwhite

Hi guys I’m completely new to this and I hope it makes sense🤣

I’ve got a 2012 Honda Cbf125 and I’ve recently sorted the common “kangarooing” problem with the fuel pump.

Around 100 miles later on my commute back into London (just after filling up again since the kangaroo problem) at a set of traffic lights, she cuts out.

I tried starting up again and I had nothing. She is ticking over and she desperately wants to start but nothing!

I tried bump starting it down an absolutely massive hill too many times and I still had nothing.

I’ve replaced the battery today and that hadn’t sorted it.

My guess is the alternator, starter motor or maybe the fuel pump again but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem in the past?

Thanks a lot

Hi guys I’m completely new to this and I hope it makes sense🤣

I’ve got a 2012 Honda Cbf125 and I’ve recently sorted the common “kangarooing” problem with the fuel pump.

Around 100 miles later on my commute back into London (just after filling up again since the kangaroo problem) at a set of traffic lights, she cuts out.

I tried starting up again and I had nothing. She is ticking over and she desperately wants to start but nothing!

I tried bump starting it down an absolutely massive hill too many times and I still had nothing.

I’ve replaced the battery today and that hadn’t sorted it.

My guess is the alternator, starter motor or maybe the fuel pump again but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem in the past?

Thanks a lot

By " Ticking over " do you mean turning over ? If so then it isn't the starter motor so that's one thing less to worry about . This happened just after filling up so if you did put diesel in it there would be a short delay before the remaining petrol passed through the pump . Do you have the receipt by any chance ?