Engine Flush on an 02 Bandit 600.

Bandit lover

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have had a look at the posts pertaining to Engine Flushing and it seems that the consensus is NO don't do it!

My Bandit had a major brain fart and filled the crank case with fuel (Float valves Buggered) and yes I ran it for about 10 mins until I realised something was wrong and shut it off.

I have had the carbs off cleaned everything thoroughly and bench tested the carbs which are now OK. I emptied the Oil and dumped the filter and I'm going to get some cheap oil and a sacrificial filter and run the engine.

So my question is Should I also run some Engine Flush through it too? Obviously I will dump that Oil and filter and replace with my usual brands after letting it run for a while.

I was thinking of using Liquid Moly 1657 Engine Flush.

I'm really interested to hear what you lot think about this?

Cheers

BL

No don't do it!

There really is no need as the fuel will evaporate if there is any left in which would be minimal

If you want to flush it because of the fuel then use a really cheap oil run up to temp then drop the oil and put the good stuff in

If it was me I wouldn't be worried

The same thing happened to me last year (or was it the year before :scratch:). I left the oil draining overnight and then did the filter the next day with my ordinary oil.

The bike still works so... win.