Yamaha MT 125 help

Aycliffe

Im new to biking and just collected my used MT from the bike shop.

I have just noticed that the steering lock will not work and on further inspection it looks like the mechanism has broken. There is a corner missing from the housing (the alloy bit) and no pin appears to lock to the stock.

I have spoken tp the shop and will be taking it back for them to look at, but my main concern is....

Even if (when) the shop repair the lock will it be ok to use. Could the stock have been damaged? It dosnt look like anything else is damaged though.

Thanks

Could be from an attempted theft or stolen recovered which has be repaired to a degree to get it sold, did you check the history as it could also be a ringer, do the engine and frame numbers match the v5 :cheers:

Yes its been hpi checked and all is clear. Have not checked the frame/engine numbers but will. :cheers:

HPI doesn't mean jack, if someone trashed it but not gone through insurance if they had any, and went and nicked one identical and just swapped reg plates wouldn't show on an HPI report :thumb:

have you looked and checked the frame number on the bike itself, if its difficult to read rub some grime on it then get a piece of tape sellotape or masking tape will do, put it over the number and rub your thumb or finger over the top then take it off and transfer it to some paper then you can compare it to the v5, having a broken lock sets the alarm bells ringing that something isn't right :thumb:

Right quick update....its gone back and a refund given.

Lesson learnt.

Does this mean i get kicked out now ive no wheels :lol: :lol:

On the hunt for another now but thanks for the responses folks. :cheers:

what budget have you got to play with, as other members might be able to suggest something they have seen :thumb:

Yes its been hpi checked and all is clear. Have not checked the frame/engine numbers but will. :cheers:

HPI doesn't mean jack, if someone trashed it but not gone through insurance if they had any, and went and nicked one identical and just swapped reg plates wouldn't show on an HPI report :thumb:

lolwut?

lolwut?

He's saying an hpi check just confirms whether they're outstanding finance on the bike, which is correct. Doesn't say whether it's nicked or written off etc.