mt09 stalling when downshifting gears

Valko

Hi All,

my mt09 is stalling when downshifting gears. It is very anoying the bike stalls in roundabouts when downshifting. I pull the clutch and frantically start it again whilst coasting - very unpleasant and dangerous.

Only way to avoid that is to give it plenty of revs and slip the clucth when downshifting a lot.

The smell of the clutch afterwards is not nice and pretty sure I am ruining the clutch that way.

I do have noticed stalling is more when the tank is at the end. It was not doing that with full tank now it stall with full tank as well.

Any ideas people how to fix it?

How can you smell the clutch??

I'd you don't use the clutch for downshifts it won't stall, but that doesn't cure the underlying problem of why your idle speed it too low.

If it does stall with the clutch pulled just release the clutch gently and it will restart,no need to the starter button.

How can you smell the clutch??

I'd you don't use the clutch for downshifts it won't stall, but that doesn't cure the underlying problem of why your idle speed it too low.

If it does stall with the clutch pulled just release the clutch gently and it will restart,no need to the starter button.

Thank you Joe.

It stalls with the clutch pulled and no releasing the clucth gently works only in high gears in my tripple engine. Engine has a lot of stopping power and in 1st or 2nd gear will not start gently.

Anyhow the underlying idle speed may be fixed by bumping up my CO levels. I have done that lets see what happens :D