Moterbike engine swap

Kawasakiii

Hi all in need of abit of advice got a 1999 kawasaki er5 engine needs too much work for me

looking to buy a new engine but can only find half decent ones from 2004 onward models only but unsure if itll fit or not.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Guest Richzx6r

Hi all in need of abit of advice got a 1999 kawasaki er5 engine needs too much work for me

looking to buy a new engine but can only find half decent ones from 2004 onward models only but unsure if itll fit or not.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Where are you based and what needs doing to the engine?

There may be some people around your area that are able to help you out with it

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Every ER5 engine will fit every ER5 . See my thread in Old Bikes Projects and Restorations entitled ER5 engine swap . I've actually still got my old engine sitting in my backyard if it's any use to you . One thing to remember when buying ER5 engines is that they cannot be made to change gear when they are not in a moving bike . Anything you want to know about the ER5 , let me know .

Screenshot_20190323-212955.thumb.png.8a95947c5fd0efedf297d7422b86c254.png

Gpz500 engines will fit as well

Kle500 also

The GPZ will fit but you're going to have a hard time fabricating a gear change mechanism . At least I think that's correct but I might be wrong .

Edited by fastbob

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Where are you based and what needs doing to the engine?

There may be some people around your area that are able to help you out with it

I'm near norwich mate had coolant problems with engine for ages system keeps overpresserising n pissing put of expansion tank done all the external work but no joy engine has gotten really hot a couple of times so dont wanna risk chucking loads of money at it engine was running fine other than the coolant problem apart from couple of days ago so either warped head or gasket or crack in the block