Carburetor Change on a Zontes Tiger 125

MWBlake

Hello,

I have a 2016 Zontes Tiger 125 3A, and I've been having some trouble with it. I was recommended to change the carb, as the Chinese carb's they come with (PZ 26) are really regularly faulty.

I bought a Minkuni VM22 26mm carburetor, and in the advert it said that it's compatible with HONDA XR100 XR100R CRF100F and more. I assume I'm going to have to adjust/change the jets inside the carb, is that right?

Do you think there's anything else I have to adjust with this new carb, or can I just install it straight on the bike?

Thanks in advance for any help!

The PZ26 appears to be a Chinese version of the VM22 you've bought, correct? Does the Mikuni come with needle, jets, emulsion tube or anything?

If your old PZ26 bits fit (I wouldn't be surprised at all if they do) then I'd probably start by transplanting your old needle, jets and emulsion tube into the new carb, set the float height to the standard height which is probably when the floats are perfectly level with the body of the carb and see how she goes. Best of luck though, you might find this isn't as easy as you thought!