Suzuki Address 110 click

Tom1234

Hi

I have a Suzuki address and am having a click noise from the front end when using the front brake.

I can feel like click too like the head bearings are loose?

If this is the case does anyone know how I can tighten the preload on the bearings please?

Thanks

Tom

Guest Richzx6r

Hi

I have a Suzuki address and am having a click noise from the front end when using the front brake.

I can feel like click too like the head bearings are loose?

If this is the case does anyone know how I can tighten the preload on the bearings please?

Thanks

Tom

Definitely sounds like the head bearings are abit loose.

You may have to take the top yoke off to tighten them or nip up the centre nut but without seeing a pic I don't know

If you can get the front wheel up in the air, grab the bottom of the forks and rock them back and forth. You're trying to feel for any in and out movement. Or any notchy rough feeling spots as you turn the handlebars. In my experience if the steering bearing is loose you're better off replacing it. I have tried tightening and re greasing them in the past and they were better for a few thousand miles but they went loose again and had to be replaced. Other things that could cause a click sound in the front would be brake pads moving or possibly front wheel bearing. How many miles are on the bike?

Hi thanks for responses so far

I have taken the front panel off and can see two lock ring type bolts, one on top of the other.

By the looks of things one needs tightening and the the other does in the opposite direction?

Thanks