125cc YBR 2015 - Problem Starting Bike

Bikerdood

Hey guys, I just want to thank you in advance for any advice, all is appreciated massively!

Ok so I have a 125cc yamaha Ybr 2015

I had a fall last season, and I've only just got the confidence to get back on the roads again, and fix my bike up

The front end took most of the damage, mostly the wheel and forks but that's not to hard to get my head around

So my main problem is my electric start button, when I turn the key I hear the fuel injection priming, then when I hit the button I get absolutely nothing, not even a sound

So I got the multimeter out I've checked the battery which is fine, then I bridged the starter relay which started the bike straight away

Any advice on what i should be looking for or checking would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Bikerdood

Has it got a side stand switch, is that working or been damaged, have you checked for continuity on the start switch itself, have you checked the kill switch :thumb:

Hi it has a stand switch it does not look damaged and still working, the bike doesn't have a stop switch, however I havent checked continuity on the start switch, please could you explain more on how I'd go about this, all I've tested for is voltage in the battery and the blue and white wire heading to the starter relay, I'm new with the multimeter all advice would be appreciated thank you

set the meter to the buzzer, place the electrodes on the switch contacts one on each and press the switch, if you have continuity the buzzer should sound,

I've been told the blue and white wire going into the starter relay should have 12v, assuming this is the correct wire I was only getting a reading of around 0.3v, I've included a picture of the wire I was testing, this is a connection block fitted to the front of the starter relay containing a fuse, the only fuse I have is the one on the starter relay, thank you

20200617_235857.jpg.616f743aefa39cc3f3cd619d6cd2db8f.jpg

I had just watched the video of him explaining it, and he has just over complicated absolutely everything and I cant follow him unfortunately, can a 12v test light be used to detect the problem any easier, as I have one lying around

Okay touch that wire with a probe and at the same time touch the positive side of the battery and press the switch, if the meter buzzes then you have continuity if not there is a break in the circuit somewhere :thumb:

When did the bike last run and have you charged the battery since ?

Check that you have a neutral light

Do you normally have to start the bike with the clutch in ?

If not try starting with clutch pulled in