My moped cut out and won’t start

Ratatatata

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help , I was riding my sym jet 4 125 moped today for about half an hour then I got to the top of a big hill and it died and just won’t start I had to walk it the whole way home about 5 miles and still won’t start does anyone know what this could be I was thinking my spark plug but not sure

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply it sounds like it wants to start but just not just ticks over just sound like it’s not getting a spark but i didn’t think that that would make the bike cut out and yes full tank of petrol and full of oil

Heres a video showing how you can check the sparkplug without needing to buy a tester :)

While the spark plug is off its worth trying to start the engine with your thumb pressed against the hole you took the plug out of. It should push your finger straight off when you start engine. If not you have lost compression which points to bigger problems :cry:

Guest Richzx6r

It will not spark continuous but will spark at the right moment in the cycle, do the spark plug test and make sure it has a good spark, after that as tiggie has said thumb over the hole the spark plug came out of and try to start the bike, the pressure should be enough that you can't keep your finger in the hole, if theres not much pressure then it points to low compression, can you give the oil filler hole the sniff test to see if theres a strong smell of petrol?

Okay will do thankyou I thought I was going mad I thought I put wrong fuel in or something but I 100 percent put petrol in thanks for the help tho guys and if it dosnt work I’m going to get hold of the seller