CBR600F4 Indicator issue

MarkK92

So riding back home yesterday I noticed the indicator light on the dash was flashing fast. Looked at front left indicator and it wasn't flashing at all. Rear one was flashing fast.

I bought a new bulb and fitted it but no luck. So it seems something bigger.

The indicators are aftermarket. I'm now really struggling to get it back on and it's just hanging off.

It's just twisting the wires and not going on properly. Looking at it, it looks a bit shot at.

I'm useless with anything mechanical, electrical or technical! However does anyone know what I can do? Is it best to get some new indicators? Is this a hard job. Just want it fixed! Only had the bikes 2 weeks

Thanks

It's probably a bad connection. It could be in the bulb holder or in the wiring. You could try turning the indicator on and wiggle the bulb see if it comes on. Wiggle the wires and see if it comes on. Check for corrosion in the holder, give it a spray of wd40. If that doesn't do anything you could swap a working indicator from the right side and see if it works on the left side. If it does work you know the fault is in the bulb holder.

Or you could disconnect the wires going to the bulb holder and touch them directly to a bulb. If the bulb comes on you know the bike's wiring is good and the problem is in the bulb holder. You would connect one wire to the center terminal on the back of the bulb and the other one to the metal body of the bulb.

They look similar to some I had. Same problem. One stopped working. Tested bulb and it was ok. It was the holder had corroded and the sprung base no longer had tension to connect to the bulb.

I Binned then.

Thanks both. The wonder of WD40 seems to have done the trick in terms of getting them working again for now. They're pretty poor indicators to be honest and I want to change them.

I'm just struggling to find replacements that will be compatible