Brake light issue

OilyYouth737

Hello all, got through my CBT alive today so in a right good mood

Not such a right good mood with my Aprilia RS4 125 though, bit of a story here. when I got it last week the first thing I did was slap a tail tidy on it to get rid of that whopping stock one, it seemed like a simple job but it’s not been without lots of swearing and giving it a f*** it and going down the pub :lol: I’ve got round the whole replacing bulb indicators for LEDs by just going back to using the old bulbs (I did read on using an LED relay but Aprilia have kindly put the light relay behind the dash) so I’m using the stock indicators and they were fine, super, put it all back together and went to check everything over....and there’s no brake light, well it’s either permanently on or doesn’t come on when I apply the brake, it’s quite a bright tail light so I’d hazard a guess the light is permanently on but as I have nothing to compare it to I can’t say 100%

So any suggestions? All I’ve essentially done is whip the lighting loom off, cut and re-attached the stock indicators, I did think that the new LED license plate light was causing some interference as the rear light is wired up into that wiring loom but I pulled the new one off and shoved the wires onto the old bulb and it made no difference, I’ve touched bugger all else so I’m at a complete loss, I only got it last week n’all

Any suggestions welcome

Cheers

A very frustrated Oily Youth, sat in the dark corner of the pub

Is the bulb a combined rearlight/brake light and if yes have you put the bulb in wrong. This type of bulb has offset pins but it is still possible to force the bulb in wrong so the brake light is acting as the rear light. I find it amazing the amount of cars I see that have this type of bulbs fitted incorrectly.

Seems sorted now, blast up and down the road seems to have freed whatever was stuck, I’ve noticed a clicking on the front brake now so assume it was the little switch in there

Cheers all

Keep an eye on it. I had the same problem with a rear brake switch staying on. If people behind you can't tell when you're braking it could cause them to run into the back of you very easily. I'm in the habit of checking that the brake light is working every time I get on the bike now as it's warming up