Non Starting Honda Hornet

Gary P

Ive got a 2003 Honda Hornet, worked well for the first 3 weeks(got it early June) now have a complete electrical failure, new battery fitted changed numerous fuses (30amp and 10amp) still nothing, not even enough power to show the ignition lights, neutral or oil pressure light when ignition turned on, wont fire up at all, but will jump start.... any ideas...starting to think it might be best just scrapping it....thanks for any advice you may be able to give...

And was the new battery fully charged? If it will start off a jump start then either the new battery isn't charged or there's a bad connection, as Fastbob says it's often the earth. Try using a jump lead to make a temporary additional earth.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you just love trying to help a 'newbe' in trouble???

A single post of the problem and then he/she disappears off the face of the Earth!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think some people can't grasp the difference between something ON the internet , like this chat forum , and the internet itself . Like the guy the other day who wanted some carbs for a 250 Rebel . I found some in about 20 seconds and posted the link . Ok so he did say thanks in advance but I've no idea if my efforts were helpful to him . Maybe he thinks I am just a search algorithm . Personally I think a few tighter rules such as completing your profile for one might be in order.https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73167&p=1142463&hilit=Rebel#p1142440

From Google:

algorithm

/ˈalɡərɪð(ə)m/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: algorithm; plural noun: algorithms

a process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer.

"a basic algorithm for division"