2001 R6 4 way blinker problem!

sam11189

Hey Folks basically fitted aftermarket indicators on my bike..and ye as above they all blink at same time..so i fitted the diodes to prevent current crossing over to the other side amd they still blinks 4 ways only when i signal right!

i dont understand how the current is getting through the diode...when i signal left there no problems but when i signal right all 4 blinks. so ive no idea.. any ideas folks

cheers

Are you trying to add a 4 way switch or are you just trying to install indicators? The only way I can see that they would all blink is you joined the right and left together some how. Did you take the indicator switch apart?

Take it all apart and start again using a wiring diagram . Regardless of whether these things require diodes , they have to be connected wrong to all flash at the same time .

I don't think a 2001 R6 has a hazard switch. He might have been trying to add one. A LED is a diode so there's no reason to be adding another diode to an LED. He's either messed up the wiring connections and joined the two sides together, or he's taken the indicator switch apart and messed it up or he's trying to add a hazard switch. I think as fastbob says whatever you've done take it apart and start again.