2nd brake light flasher

Brgcooper

So, while on a holiday to Cornwall I was following a group of adventure bikes through the twisty turny coastal roads (jealous of the fact that they were riding bikes and I was driving my car šŸ˜”) and one of the bikes had a small light below the number plate that flashed 3/4 times when the brakes were pressed. What a brilliant idea! The normal tail light stayed on while the mini light just flashed when braking to grab your attention.

After some research, I bought a small http:// http://kahtec.com/smart-stop-features/ flashing module (motorbike version) that connects to an existing light and flashes 6 times then turns solid.

ideally Iā€™d like to buy the Denali B6 auxiliary number plate light and wire the module to it.

The issue I can see from a few YouTube videos is that;

1: they us a canbus module (mostly bmw) and Iā€™m not sure my xsr700 will take a canbus module

2: the Denali B6 light is constantly on same as a tail light, and Both tail and number plate light get brighter when braking.

I would like the Denali B6 to be off during normal riding, And only when braking the module flashes the B6 light.

Im struggling to get my head around the wiring. do I need to pull a switched live from the tail light, run into the flasher module and then use it to power the B6? Does that make sense? So the B6 is only on/flashing when braking. When I come off the brakes, the B6 turns off and the tail light resumes normal operation until I brake again?o_O

Any help on the matter would be greatly received šŸ¤™šŸ¼

Cheers

Regardless of its legality I would be weary of how other road users will identify a flashing red light on a vehicle abruptly coming to an halt.

Do you really want to delay their response time by a few seconds?

a reduction in reaction time of 1 second will have a minimum distance 18m at 40mph.

Personally I rather wait until drivers know the meaning of a red flashing light before fitting it on my bikes

metres travelled per second

10mph 4.5m (15ft)

20mph 9.0m (30ft)

30mph 13.5m (45ft)

40mph 18.0m (60ft)

50mph 22.5m (74ft)

60mph 27.0m (89ft)

70mph 31.5m (104ft)

80mph 36.0m (119ft)

90mph 40.5m (133ft)

100mph 45.0m (148ft)