Lexmoto low rider won't start

dragon567

Hi guys new to the site. Got a problem. With the lexmoto 125 lowrider. Just bought the bike the seller started it easily. But got it home tried to start it it would turn over and try to start. I ended up flattening battery so bought a new one. I managed to get it to briefly but ended up flattening new battery. Now battery charged all lights work killswitch turned off all I get is a click and the neutral light goes dim at same time I try to start it. Ordered another starter solenoid so waiting to see if it's that. Also the seller said carb might need tweeking a bit

Thanks in advance

Yeah I agree with Mississippi Bullfrog, a single click from the starter solenoid is usually from a bad connection on the high current side of the starter solenoid. Could be at the battery, starter solenoid, starter motor or ground at the frame. Less likely but could also be a corroded wire on the high current side. The lights go dim because the voltage is getting dropped across the bad connection

If you're using a multimeter try putting it to dc voltage and put the black probe to the bolt on battery negative and put the red probe to the body of the starter motor. Push the starter button and as you push the starter button look at the multimeter. On a good circuit you would see 0V. If you see voltage higher than 0.5V it means there is voltage drop on the ground side of the circuit and your bad connection is on the ground side. You can do the same test on the positive side. Red probe to battery positive, black probe to the positive on the starter motor. If you see voltage when you push the starter button the problem is on the positive side.

Thanks guys got it running some of the connections must have got wet dried everything and got it to start and run adjusted carb and runs sweet now. Ordered new solenoid just incase that is playing up. Cleaned all connections to when bike running it's charging battery fine. Booked it in for mot in a couple of weeks as going to give it a good service

Hi guys new to the site. Got a problem. With the lexmoto 125 lowrider. Just bought the bike the seller started it easily. But got it home tried to start it it would turn over and try to start. I ended up flattening battery so bought a new one. I managed to get it to briefly but ended up flattening new battery. Now battery charged all lights work killswitch turned off all I get is a click and the neutral light goes dim at same time I try to start it. Ordered another starter solenoid so waiting to see if it's that. Also the seller said carb might need tweeking a bit

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome . Stop chucking money at it and do some basic inspection and maintenance . The first thing to do is remove and sandpaper BOTH ends of your battery leads particularly the black Earth Lead where it bolts to the engine . You can test your starter solenoid by sticking 12 volts through it and you can bypass it by sticking a spanner across the big wires and by doing so you will determine whether the starter motor is working . Don't go near the carb at this stage if the bike runs . EDIT : I've just written this without reading the whole thread . Sorry folks !

Thanks fastbob I done all the checks and cleaned all connections starter solenoid was only cheap and good to keep as a spare. Will also keep new battery as a spare too. Bought the bike as a project for me to do in my spare time. Bike not been moted for two years according to history check I done. So it will probably need a service

Ooooooooooooooh I can help here :mrgreen:

Well, bit late to the party. Pretty darn good odds that it will be the solenoid! The solenoid on the Lexmoto Lowride is that it's in a really crap spot; rain that runs off the seat goes down the inside of the side panel and pools inside the little plastic holder that the solenoid fits into. So you can keep replacing them but they'll keep crapping out on you!

On mine I improvised a little rain shield to go over it, so that said water would run harmlessly off it instead of pooling inside the casing. Never had to replace it again after doing that! But I think I replaced it three times before having the idea :lol:

Also, question:

It's not KX13 EBM, is it? There aren't many of those on the roads so I figure there's a chance!

Oh wow, quite a lot has been changed up on that one! Looks a lot sleeker than they usually do.

I was jus talking about the license plate; KX13 EBM was my old one. Figured it'd be funny if it was the same one that ended up with you; there are only a few dozen on the roads, after all.

My bike reg is MX12 FSF. A lot has been changed not by me I may add lol. Thinking. Putting different handle bars on it when I get it on road. I need a side cover by petrol. Tank though or might just repair it

Have you got a wiring diagram? I had a quick look and I can't see one so I'm guessing here. It would make it a lot easier if you have one. At the connector going to the ignition you should have a constant 12V. Which you said you have. On any of the other wires in the connector going to the ignition, have you got 12V only when the key is on and it goes to 0V when the key is off? This is the wire that powers everything.

The wiring harness going to the ignition often rubs against the frame when you turn the handlebars so it rubs against the frame and causes problems. Turning the bars can also cause tension on the connector going to the ignition and that leads to a bad connection in the connector and sometimes burning in the connector. I've also seen wires corroded where they're soldered to the ignition barrel.

Just so it's clear, for your testing put the meter to DC voltage and leave the black probe connected to ground all the time and touch the red probe where you want to measure for voltage.