Clutch plates sticking HELP

jem1

:crybaby: Hi can any one help I wanted to. Check that the clutch cable was not stiff so I depressed the clutch lever and held the clutch arm on the engine in that position the cable was fine so reconnected the cable but it seems that the clutch plates have stuck together!!! I have tried everything I can think of to unstick them short of removing the cover to get at the mechanism (taping the casing /lever. Putting it in gear and rocking it back and forward etc). Any ideas would be welcome. :crybaby: Edited by jem1

You know that a picture speaks 1000 words?

have you tried starting the bike on centre stand and action the clutch?

sounds like the springs have failed, if that's the case a new plate is in order.

Is the bikes rear wheel just spinning slightly during idle on centre stand? Or is it spinning like it's in 1st/2nd gear?

The first of those is normal, it's just a bit of clutch drag but can be disconcerting to a new rider to see it happen when their bike is in neutral.

If you put your foot against the tyre to stop it with no noticeable change in revs it is anyway.

What happens when you put the bike in gear with the clutch pulled and you sat on it?

Hi nothing happens when changing from neutral to 1st or second the clutch is stuck in. As I am or was going up to Scotland later this week I have had to send it to a motorbike repair shop. I'll post the results when I get it back thanks for all your replys

Guest Richzx6r

Hi nothing happens when changing from neutral to 1st or second the clutch is stuck in. As I am or was going up to Scotland later this week I have had to send it to a motorbike repair shop. I'll post the results when I get it back thanks for all your replys

Or stick it in 1st and try rocking the bike back and forth to see if it releases, though from what you say I would suggest that a spring or two may have gone south.

Hope it fixes easily for you

Do you mean that the bike does not move? In which case, you have adjusted the clutch too much and it is not engaging!

:scratch: