kawasaki zzr 600 problem

shea1980

Hello guys,first post on this forum,Guys i have a kawasaki zzr 1997 which i just bought a week ago,I put in new fuel,new filter,new oil and filter and it strats no problem,The problem is really when driving,When i set off the bike doesnt run right when i give it the throttle it hesitate and no power for a second or 2 then i get full power,I have checked and i have spark to each plug,Also on tick over the bike idles at 1500 and jumps up to 2000 rpm and back down again does this the whole time,would anyone know what might the problem,Thanks all

Guest Richzx6r

The idling sounds like its hunting which could potentially point to an air leak between carb and cylinder ( carb rubbers can over time become hard and brittle and that leads them to cracking, for the power issue is the choke disengaged properly or is it stuck open very slightly which could cause this.

Cheers

Rich

First reaction , air leaks . Before you go pulling the carbs off there's one possibility . Have a look to see if any of the blanking plugs that cover the nozzles that you use to attach vacuum gauges have come off . There are usually three of them with the fourth carb activating the fuel tap .