Help!!

dazza001

Hi, i'm new to the group, was looking for advise, i have an 05 CBR 600rr, while riding yesterday i pulled up to traffic lights and the bike went dead, i flicked the ignition on and off a few times but again dead, no lights on the dash or anything, after about an hour it was all good again and i was able to get home, i'm guessing that its an electrical fault and maybe some cables are getting hot or something as it appears that when the bike had cooled down everything worked fine, just frustated as i'm now reluctant to go out on it incase it happens again.

Any advise would be appriciated.

Thanks.

Intermittent faults are always a pain in the botty. Start by checking the battery connections as to lose everything suggests total power loss somewhere. After that fuses and ignition switch.

Not sure if they had a thermal overload fitted anywhere? Someone else might know.

I did check the battery connectors and although there were connected they wernt that tight, so have tightened them up since, im going to remove the side fairing later and check all the cables and if they are next to anything hot!!!!

Could be a reg/rec starting to fail ? They can cause all sorts of weird issues when they go south.

They're pretty cheap, so no big deal if it's not that.

And have a really good look at the old unit and the wiring connectors when you replace it - often there are telltale signs of scorching/melting